Orlando, Fla. (March 10, 2020)
- The health and safety of our guests, employee ambassadors and animals are our top priorities. SeaWorld employs an experienced health and safety team and has protocols in place. We enforce appropriate sanitation standards across our parks. We will continue to monitor the situation for changes, collaborate with public health officials and take recommended steps to ensure the health and safety needs of guests, Ambassadors and animals are met in line with the CDC recommendations.
What is SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment doing to ensure guest health and safety in light of coronavirus concerns?
The health and safety of our guests, Ambassadors and animals are our top priorities. Our parks employ experienced health and safety teams and have protocols to follow high sanitary and cleanliness standards in line with the CDC recommendations.
As the situation evolves, our experts are coordinating with public health officials to take appropriate steps to meet the health and safety needs of our guests, Ambassadors and animals in our care.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our guests, Ambassadors, and the larger community, we are following guidelines from the CDC on prevention of illnesses. We are:
- Increasing sanitation standards across all parks, including:
► Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas, including rides and restrooms.
► Added additional end-of-day sanitation procedures for restroom, dining, and other facilities.
- Adding additional hand sanitizer stations in our parks, including in park entry points, guest culinary locations, Ambassador areas and register locations where guests and Ambassadors exchange money throughout the park.
- Reinforcing health and safety training with Ambassadors (team members) on a regular basis.
As a company we are collaborating with public health officials and local, state and federal authorities. We have also convened a task force which is directing our coronavirus preparedness and response activities.
We will continue to prioritize the well-being of our guests and Ambassadors as well as animals in our care.
Where can I get the latest information regarding park hours?
Currently, all parks are operating with normal schedules. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow CDC and local health department guidance. For up-to-date information impacting your visit, please visit the park website listed below.
• SeaWorld Orlando
• SeaWorld San Diego
• SeaWorld San Antonio
• Discovery Cove
• Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
• Busch Gardens Williamsburg
• Sesame Place Philadelphia
• Aquatica Orlando
• Aquatica San Diego
• Aquatica San Antonio
• Adventure Island
• Water Country USA
About SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The company is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, behavioral training, husbandry and veterinary care. The company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 36,000 animals in need over 50 years.
The company owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 50-year history, the company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal, which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc., a publicly traded company. Visit www.seaworldentertainment.com for more information.